Passport Application Requirements
The following items are required when you apply for a passport:
- All applicants applying for a passport must be present (including minors) and
- Completed form DS-11 (Passport Application) in black ink and
- Original evidence of U.S. Citizenship (see list of valid options below) and
- Primary Form of Identification (see list of valid options below) and
- Passport Photo
- TWO separate fees are required:
- The first fee payable to the U.S. Department of State (USDoS) MUST be paid by check or money order.
- The second fee payable to the City of Castle Hills can be paid by cash, check, credit card or money order. Please refer to the Fees/Payments tab for more information.
All original documents submitted with your application will be mailed to the U.S. Department of State. Documents will be returned to you.
To see current application processing times, visit the U.S. Department of State web page.
|EVIDENCE OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP|
(ONE OF THE FOLLOWING)
|PRIMARY FORM OF IDENTIFICATION|
(ONE OF THE FOLLOWING)
** Applicants born in California and Texas MUST present a Certified Long Form Birth Certificate (contains detailed information such as hospital name and attendant). Abstract Birth Certificates (does not list hospital name) and Commemorative Hospital Birth Certificate (with baby's feet) cannot be used to apply for a passport at any age.
Passport Processing Fees
Acceptable Payment Options: TWO separate fees are required:
- The FIRST fee payable to the U.S. Department of State (USDoS) MUST BE PAID by check OR money order.
- The SECOND fee payable to the City of Castle Hills can be paid by check, money order, cash, or credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover or American Express).
U.S. Department of the State (USDoS)
|Payable To: |
City of Castle Hills
|MUST BE PAID BY |
Check or Money Order
|Check, Money Order, Cash or Credit Card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover & American Express)|
|U.S. Passport Book|
|Adults - 16 and older||$130 (New Fee)||$35|
|Minors - 15 and younger||$100 (New Fee)||$35|
|U.S. Passport Card|
|Adults - 16 and older||$30||$35|
|Minors - 15 and younger||$15||$35|
|Optional Service Fees|
|File Search Fee||$150|
|Expedite Processing Fee||$60|
|1-2 Day Delivery Service Fee||$18.32 (New Fee)||** Passport Book Only|
Planning to Travel? Apply Early! Apply at least six months before planned travel. Due to limited availability for urgent travel appointments, the U.S. Department of State cannot guarantee you can receive in-person service at a passport agency or center. The U.S. Department of State is prioritizing customers with life-or-death emergencies. You can visit their Passport Agency and Center page to learn more.
Mail delays are impacting when the U.S. Department of State receives passport applications. Their processing times begin the day they receive your application not the day you mail it. It may take up to 6 weeks from the day you submit your application until your status is "In Process" during these 6 weeks your application is delivered to a mail facility, your payment is processed, and your application is entered into the U.S. Department of State’s system. Even if your passport status update says, “not available,” your application and supporting documents are safely on their way or at a U.S. Department of State Agency or Center. Check online for your passport status.