The City of Castle Hills operates under a council-manager form of government. The City Manager is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the city council, which is the governing body responsible for setting policy. The City Manager assists the council in identifying policy agenda and provides recommendations to city council.
This form of government most closely resembles the private sector with the city manager serving as the Chief Executive Officer, the Mayor as the Chairman of the Board, and the Council as the Board of Directors.
The City Manager handles the general administration of the City and executes the policies and objectives of the city council, and oversees the day-to-day operation of the city by coordinating all city department activities and functions.
- Overall direction and coordination of the city to provide services and projects in an efficient manner
- Plan and execute a multi-million dollar budget
- Appoint professionals to direct departments responsible for a wide variety of premier services provided to the community
- Coordinate with community organizations and individuals to ensure the City is responsive to the community needs and concerns
- Dedicated to addressing financial challenges in a prudent and responsible manner, while maintaining critical services the community deserve