Board of Adjustment
PurposeThe purpose of the Board of Adjustment is to:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is
errorin any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the city manager the enforcement of the Zoning Chapter.
- Hear and decide special exceptions to the terms of the Zoning Chapter upon which it is required to pass under Section 50.566 Granting of Special Exceptions.
- Authorize upon appeals in specific cases such variance from the terms of the Zoning Chapter as will not be contrary to the public interest, where, owing to special conditions, a literal enforcement of the provisions of the Zoning Chapter will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of the Chapter shall be observed and substantial justice
- Permit such modifications of the height, yard area, spacing and parking regulations as may be necessary to secure development of a parcel of land of such unusual topography or restricted area or shap that it cannot be appropriately developed without such modification.
- Permit such modification of the parking regulations as may be warranted by the unusual character of a proposed use.
- Permit the reconstruction of a building occupied by a nonconforming use provided such reconstruction does not prevent the return of the property to a conforming use.
- Determine in case of uncertainty the classification as to district of use not specifically named in this chapter; provided however; such use shall be in keeping with sues specifically named in the district regulations.
- 5:30 p.m.
- The 4th Monday of each month (upon request)
- City Hall
209 Lemonwood Drive
Castle Hills, TX 78213
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
|Bruce Smiley-Kaliff, Chair|
|Tom Akin, Board Member|
|Cassidy Olivares, Board Member|
|Ian Kolda, Board Member|
|Justin Villegas, Board Member|
|Rick Lopez, Alternate Board Member|
|Ian Kolda, Alternate Board Member|
|Patsy Martin, Alternate Board Member|
Appointment & Terms
The Board of Adjustments consists of 5 members and 4 alternates who are citizens of the City. Each member is appointed by one Council member each and the Mayor selects one alternate, all are confirmed by the City Council for a term of 2 years beginning on the 1st day of June of each odd numbered year.
To see more ordinances for Castle Hills, visit the Code of Ordinances website. To file a request or appeal, complete the Board of Adjustment Application and Appeal Form (PDF).