- Municipal Court
- Driving Safety Dismissal
Driving Safety Dismissal
To request the Driving Safety Course, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a valid Texas driver’s license that is not a commercial driver’s license or be active duty military personnel including spouses and dependent children
- Have insurance or other evidence of financial responsibility
- Must be able to pay court costs plus an administrative fee at the time of request.
- Have not taken the Driving Safety Course within the past year to dismiss a previous violation
- The violation was not committed in a construction zone when workers were present
- Cannot be speeding 25 miles per hour or more over the posted speed limit
- Cannot be speeding 95 miles or more
- Cannot be a violation for have overtaken or passing a school bus
- Cannot be a violation for leaving the scene of an accident
If you meet the above criteria, you must request a driving safety course on or before your appearance date on your citation. When you make your request, you must provide the court the following requirements:
- Valid Texas driver's license or permit or be a member, spouse, or dependent child of a member of the U.S. military forces serving on active duty.
- A copy of your proof of financial responsibility (or insurance)
- Payment of court costs in addition to administrative fee, $144 outside a school zone, $169 in a school zone; payment options are cash, check, money order, debit or credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Card. A 5% fee will be added to all credit card transaction(s) at the clerk window. If you are mailing in your request please send a check or money order only.
- A written statement requesting to take a driving safety course; you may use the following request form (Click here for the Driver Safety Course Form).
Before Your Appearance
You may make your request on or before your scheduled court date at the clerks’ window. You will need to bring all the required items listed above in order to be approved to take the Driver's Safety Course. You will be given 90 days to complete the Driver's Safety course, obtain your driving record and return your requirements to the court.
To request your Certified Driving Record
To request your Certified Driving Record 3A visit www.texasonline.com. DO NOT ORDER DRIVING RECORD UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED PERMISSION FROM THE COURT TO TAKE THE DRIVERS SAFETY COURSE.