- CONTACT INFO: Gather all pertinent contact information such as name, address, phone numbers, emails. Also ask for current employer and phone number, email.
- ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Economic Development Committee (EDC) will serve as the principal means of economic development for the City of Castle Hills. Each Committee member will be appointed by a City Councilman(woman) for a two-year term and will be responsible for acting to fulfill the charter approved by City Council late last year, to wit:
- The Castle Hills Economic Development Committee is charged with the following responsibilities:
1. To develop and update annually an economic development plan for the City of Castle Hills, consistent with the City’s Vision and Comprehensive Plan. The economic development plan should identify types of businesses that are likely to align with workforce/residential trends and composition of Castle Hills.
2. In coordination with City Council and the City Manager, to identify resources and funding opportunities to support economic development initiatives such as establishing a process for applying for various grants and initiating engagement with regional business accelerators.
3. To develop and maintain an ongoing marketing campaign to promote Castle Hills as a great destination for both businesses and consumers of products and services.
4. To develop a relationship with Castle Hills businesses in order to:
- Learn from their experiences about the perceived opportunities/challenges of creating a business in Castle Hills;
- Identify issues of companies in maintaining and growing their businesses;
- Consider creation of a Castle Hills business ambassador program; and
- Consult and coordinate with the Castle Hills Business Association on these and other issues as appropriate.
5. To consider implementation of a business recruitment strategy.
6. Track progress in reports provided to City Council in June and December of each calendar year beginning in 2023.
- TIME EXPECTATIONS: Expected time commitment per month is estimated at 8 – 10 hours, including monthly Committee meetings, sub-committee or workgroup meetings, and related research/ancillary meetings.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- Must be a resident of Castle Hills or a business owner that is located in Castle Hills, or whose primary customers are residents of Castle Hills.
- Must not be related to any elected official or staff member of the City.
- Must believe that the development of our City’s revenue stream, and ultimately the quality of life in Castle Hills, is a primary priority.
- Must have a team mentality and be willing to work for consensus building.
- Must be able to keep business prospects or other vital information confidential when necessary.
- Preferred to have served in a leadership role in an organization.
- Must be willing to represent the EDC to the public or private sector, and advocate for the City of Castle Hills in the business community.
Click here to complete application.