The Bexar County Plumbing Assistance Program will launch this evening at 6:00 p.m. This program is for residents in unincorporated areas and suburban cities regardless of who their water supplier is. Residents who are on a private well are also eligible.
The $5 million program will assist eligible homeowners by reimbursing costs up to $1,500 for plumbing repairs including pipes due to Winter Storm Uri. Starting at 6:00 p.m. this evening, residents can visit www.bexar.org/Plumbing to determine eligibility, complete and submit an application. Spanish applications are also available. Homeowners should be prepared to upload receipts, invoices and if possible, pictures of the completed work.
This program will address water supply issues only and will not cover associated water damage to floor coverings, walls, sheet rock, etc…
Qualifications for the reimbursement program includes:
1. Resident must own and occupy the home (renters are not eligible);
2. Must be at or below 80% of area medium income (ex: $57,600 for a family of four);
3. Self-certify with documentation showing work was completed after February 14th
- Must be attached to/in the home (no pool pumps, lawn sprinkler systems, water softeners, etc.)
5. Homeowner must not have received financial assistance from other sources for repairs (such as insurance, FEMA assistance, or other benefits)
If residents have any questions or need assistance, they may call 210-631-5000. This phone number will not be live, but residents may leave a voicemail message. Voicemail will be checked and responded to, it will be answered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please share this information with your constituents. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Aide to the County Judge
Office of Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff